Monday, March 22, 2010

Thirties Shmirties!

Since turning the big 3-0 I've managed to...

...have a fully stocked bar (with airplane shots given to me for my b'day!). We have a sweet bar set-up in our living room but we never have had alcohol for it. Now that I'm old(er) I figure why not! The counter still serves as the diaper changing station. It doesn't get too wild around here!
...capture a sweet moment with the kids. They were waving bye-bye to Grammy as she left. They love her!
...find Trey doused in powder. He was alone for about 2 minutes. He knows exactly what he's not supposed to get into and that's the first thing he goes for. That's what I get for letting him play in Abby's room while she was gone for the day.
...not get mad at him. Seriously, could you??
....to take a picture of the dog. Yes, we still have him. Yes, this is how he always looks when there's nobody outside.
...not get pinched by the "Pinch Patrol". I mean, how cute is that?!!
...cook a dinner that was enjoyed and (mostly) eaten by all. The kids are even into eating meat lately!
....to get the under-the-stairs closet cleaned out. It was one of those closets that you were afraid to open for fear of being swallowed up by a tidal wave of junk! Along with the closet I also cleaned and reorganized my pantry and my entire kitchen. But that was when I was still a young lass of 29 so no pictures of it.
...get something done in our room! I spent all day yesterday (9 hours!) cleaning it out. There were an array of items that had never been gone through/put away from when we moved in 5 YEARS AGO! Once that was done I decided I'd finally get around to painting it. So the kids and I went and got paint today and I got one wall done during Trey's nap. It's a darker blue/gray/slate kind of color. The wall behind our bed is going to be a dark charcoal/navy color. It looks awesome so far! I hope to get the rest done within the next two weeks!
Today was a busy day, the kids and I ran errands for three hours, came home, at lunch, put Trey down, painted, cleaned up that mess, cleaned the kitchen while the kids colored (fought, colored??? what's the difference?), started a riot on facebook, made dinner, gave the kiddos baths, put them to bed and now I'm blogging. Yeesh! Not sure if all this motivation is because I hit 30 or because I finally realized that No, the maid/cook/masseuse is NOT EVER COMING!

No comments: