Monday, March 15, 2010

Fight the Fuzz!

My feather duster has become a new favorite toy.
"Mom! Watch me fight the fuzz!!"
She also calls the dust in the air "moters". Moters are especially obvious when the sun shines and Abby loves to talk about the millions of moters flying aorund. Possibly I should dust more.
Roy G. Biv
We have spent a lot of family time coloring with markers. Trey is doing better at coloring on the paper instead of the table, his clothes, his face...but once in a while he still likes to put on some "lipstick". Go Trey. It's fun to watch the different coloring styles between the four of us. Jerry is very true to the picture (he actually went and looked at Trey's Lightning McQueen car to make sure he was coloring it right). I color with one eye on the paper and one eye on the children. It takes me a long time to color one picture and I usually wind up with someone on my lap "helping" me. Abby is all about using LOTS of colors. Nothing is the color it is in real life but she is really good at coloring in the lines. She's my creative child for sure. Trey is very serious with his coloring. It starts of with really short, small lines and eventually turns into big circles. He likes taking the lids of all the markers and refuses to put any lids back on, and he usually winds up with his hands totally covered in marker. Color time is often followed swiftly by bath time!

2 comments:

Amanda DeHoog said...

Hmmmm . . . I haven't braved markers yet with Grace, only crayons . . . I'm sure she would love it!

Unknown said...

Weston is DEFINITELY not allowed the markers. He found one the other day, and proceeded to SCREAM for 30 minutes because his hand was dirty. I finally wiped it off, and he threw his arms around my neck like I had saved him from the boogey-man!

Love that you all have your own styles!