Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sometimes you've just gotta laugh.

Yesterday was a very trying day around here, probably qualified to be in the top 10 Most Difficult Days. But instead of dwelling on it, I tried to find the positive and remember that my kids are smart, funny, healthy and very well loved and taken care of. And there were a couple things that lifted my spirits.

First, a picture of Abby's buds that she brings downstairs EVERY morning and then back upstairs for nap and nighttime. Missing from the pic are her blanket and books which were occupying space on the couch. She tells me all the time that her knees hurt from making so many trips up and down the stairs. I think now she's got it figured out how to get all stuff where it needs to go in only two trips. She really is a funny kid.

And dear, dear Trey. He stuck a bow on his head and I guess there was enough sticky stuff on it that it didn't fall off.....and he couldn't figure out where it went!! It stayed on his head for about 10 minutes, through all his playing and even for the few minutes he sat on my lap. When it finally fell off he was so excited to have found it again! He's such a bright spot in all of my days!
I'm happy to say that the kids were very well behaved for their Grammy this morning and Abby went down for her nap with NO COMPLAINTS, NO WHINING, and NO EXTRA REQUESTS. That, folks, is a majorly big deal!!!

1 comment:

Amanda DeHoog said...

I miss your blog posts . . . hope you have time soon to catch us up on what your family has been up to! :)