Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8 Years!

Married since August 18, 2001!!

We decided to give ourselves an awesome (and free!) anniversary present of 2 nights with no kids!!! My mom is the best mom/grandma ever and offered or possibly was bribed, coerced and arm-twisted into taking the kids for 48+ hours. Jerry dropped them off on Wednesday the 26th and we wound up with free Mariner's tickets for that night so off to Seattle we went.

We ate at Jimmy's on 1st which had fabulous food. And since I wasn't driving or had to be responsible to take care of any kids I had a cocktail...go me! The tickets we got ended up being the most fabulous seats I've ever sat in. 17 rows up directly behind home plate. Now I'll never be able to sit anywhere else and not compare them! Jerry had to put up with my endless questions and random observations about the game for the first half but found out that the guy in front of us was Oakland's starting pitcher's dad so I lost my buddy for the last half. Turned out great, I got to gawk and not pretend to watch (and drink a Mike's!) and Jerry had someone to talk actual baseball with. Win-win for everyone - even the Mariners!

I took Thursday off from work and spent the morning and early afternoon cleaning out all the kids' toys. What a job. I boxed up all the baby toys and things they never play with and organized all the rest and put everything away. I piled everything into the living room to go through it....look at all of it!!
We went out for dinner that night to Anthony's (2 more drinks for me!) and planned on going to see a movie but since our waitress was soooooo slllloooooowwww we didn't make it. We ended up watching a Netflix at home which was fine with me...more comfortable watching a movie in sweats on your own couch anyway!

Friday I cleaned out the kids' rooms and turned the hall linen closet into their game/art/puzzle closet and then went and picked up the kids. They had a super great time with Grammy and weren't that excited to see me but I think Grammy was REALLY happy to see me. Thursday was also the first day in Trey's life that I had not seen him so I was a little sad about that but it was so fabulous to have a little slice of my old life back where I was responsible for no one but myself. Maybe we'll get to do it again next year.

No comments: