Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ugh, I am SO LAME!

I have not been good at posting anything lately! It's not for lack of things to post about, or really even time, but it's definitely a lack of motivation for me. Things happen and I think "Oh, I'm going to blog this" and then next thing I know it's 2 days later, new things have happened, and guess what????...no post! So here's a little rundown of the latest Gardner family happenings, none very interesting but I'm blogging about it for posterity.

*Abby got a new package of 50 markers and she and I spend a good portion of each day coloring pages printed out by Jerry. I love to color, it's so relaxing, so this has been equally as fun for me as it is for Abby.
*Trey is walking EVERYWHERE now. He will walk all day long and now he fusses if we pick him up before he's done. I've learned that he goes from the carseat to the cart without his feet touching the ground, otherwise there is a huge fit coming my way.
*Jerry taught Abby how to hit a baseball off a tee and she does it very well. I think we have a little athlete on our hands. She throws well, hits well and plays a mean game of Wii Golf. Trey is into throwing his little baseballs and hitting things with his bat too...but mostly he enjoys putting both into his mouth.
*School is now officially out and Jerry had today off before he starts working his summer jobs. He's got a 48 hour shift with Med-1 starting tomorrow and lots of other work lined up. I guess summer vacation isn't the same thing for a teacher as it is for a student. Too bad teachers don't get paid squat and half to supplement their income!!! The good news is that he still has a job next year. The teachers are losing a few days pay and some other things but hey, a job is a job right?
*I started working my a$$ off at the gym last week - literally. I go a lot but I decided that the excuse "I just had a baby!" doesn't fly anymore when your "baby" is a year old. *sigh*
*Poor little Rusty FINALLY got a haircut. It's been a non-priority lately and it got to the super nasty point where it was a necessity to get him buzzed. He looks 10 years younger and much more puppy-ish...definitely cuter
*I've managed to keep up on laundry for an entire week now. I'm pretty good at washing and drying but always get behind on the folding/hanging part of it. We'll see how long it lasts.
*Abby is back in the land of naps now. She was just so overtired at night but was refusing to take a nap during the day but a lot of talking about it and the fact that she gets to put jammies back on for it has seemed to be the key. Most days I am lucky enough to get an overlap of naps and enjoy a quiet hour with no little people around!! Trey has been sleeping longer at night now. He goes to bed earlier and sleeps later and therefore isn't normally ready for a nap until very late morning/early afternoon. Hopefully this nap thing will continue because I look forward to a little peace and quiet to bring some sanity back into my life.
*Abby continues to say the cutest/funniest little things. The other day she told my mom that she was making her "nerbliss" (nervous) and after I told her to do something on Tuesday she said "Aye Aye Captain Mama". Really??!! Where does she get this stuff!

I'm sure there have been many other things said and done in the last while that I was going to blog about but this is plenty for now.

2 comments:

Marlea said...

Nice! Thanks for the update! Glad you are all doing great!
I miss naps....so so so much!

betty said...

It's all ok, I'm not sure why you haven't taped their mouths and shoved them in a closet yet. Honestly thats the best way to get a little quiet time. Kidding!