Saturday, June 20, 2009

Almost there!

It's the home stretch now on Jerry's 48 hour shift, he'll be home in the morning. The kids are asleep already (thanks to no naps today!) so I think I'm in for a quiet night. I'd like to give a shout out to my mom too...she came down to play with the kids for a few hours so that I could get some things done around the house. If it's just me here I don't get anything done and if Jerry's home he's either doing projects of his own, we're out and about or the kids just would rather hang around/off of/nearby/underneath me - and I don't get anything done. While she was here I managed to clean Abby's room and organize all of her books, toys, puzzles, etc. I thought she would have a meltdown that I'd moved things but she went to bed with no complaints. I went through all of Trey's clothes and took out the too small stuff and added in some new bigger things. I put all of his 24 months jammies in his drawers, I can't believe they fit already. I cleaned out and organized his closet too. Not all of his clothes fit in his dresser now so I hung up all of his shirts...it looks like so much more all hung up. It's the first time we've used the closet to hang his stuff. I remember doing that with Abby too :( I also deep cleaned the kids' bathroom and did all the dishes and cleaned off the kitchen counter. All in all it was a very productive few hours. Thanks Mom!!!

1 comment:

Marlea said...

That is productive! Nice work! Its always amazing to me how much we really can get done when we dont have kids hanging on us and when we have the motivation to do it!