Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Silly sayings and kid updates

The kids have been cracking me up lately with some of their funny sayings.  Abby sings along to most songs in the car now.  It's amazing how much she can remember and how fast she learns songs.  I think that she's singing the right words but now and then she sings loud enough that I can clearly hear her.  And the other day she was singing along to Paparazzi by Lady Gaga and instead of "paparazzi"  she belts out "Papa Frosting".   How funny is that.  I kinda like it.

She's also on a health food kick now.  Somewhere along the way she has gotten into her mind that junkfood will make her sick and die if she eats it.  Now I'm all for promoting healthy eating but not when she's afraid of DYING if she eats it.  Before she has a bite of anything now she asks 2 questions; "Is it healthy?" and "will it make me feel better?"   Ooookaaayy.  I've decided that she gets honest answers (mostly, she does think chicken nuggets and french fries are healthy!) and hopefully if we don't make a big deal out of it she'll eventually get over her fear.  I mean, she won't even eat 1 M&M without serious coaxing.  I guess there are worse things she could be concerned about.  Along with the food thing she is always asking me to "check her head"..."is it hot, warm, or cold"  I finally got it through her brain that when I say it's "normal" that she is fine.  She's a nut.

Trey is my funny, funny, funny little guy.  He is getting quite an imagination now and says so many outlandish/crazy/hilarious things that I really need to start writing them down as he says them.  He loves his new Batcave toy he got for Christmas and played with it for half an hour the other night, chattering non-stop the whole time.  He loves making things fight and die.............I'm sensing a theme with my kids.  What is that about??!!  His new favorite thing too is HOT CHOCOLATE!  I couldn't get either of them to try it hot forever.  They have both been cold milk drinkers but Trey decided that since Mommy gets hot coffee sometimes that he wanted his hot too.  Now they both love it that way!  I don't know why I'm so excited by this but it just delights me for some reason.  

We did have an awesome Christmas morning here and a celebration the weekend before at my mom's but I haven't gotten around to uploading all the pics yet so check back tomorrow!!

No comments: