Monday, October 18, 2010

Forget It

I haven't blogged in ages.  Too much to catch up on now.  I was going to hit the high-lights with a blog post each but then that never happened.  So forget it, here's a short recap on what we did on our summer vaction...

4TH OF JULY
It started on the 2nd with a trip to the carnival.

On the 3rd was the annual SWFD Firefighter competition.  Jerry was down helping out so the kids and I headed down for a short visit.  They played in the bouncy house, watched some of the competition, ran around and we were home in time for naps.


Then we headed up to my mom's for the Bauthues Blowout!  So much fun, lots of good food and loads of fireworks. How dandy that you can still light of fireworks some places.  I took a billion pics but I'm posting a couple of my faves.  I have no idea how to make collage pics, nor do I want to take the time to learn, otherwise I'd do those.





 The 4th started with the kids and I getting to ride in the new ladder truck in the parade.  We were first in line behind the mayor and the flags.  Excellent seats since I didn't have to do any child wrangling...really, where were they going to go!

Then we went down to my brother-in-laws to watch the city fireworks show.  Lots of family/friends there = lots of fun for the kiddos!



ABBY'S 4th BIRTHDAY!
In the midst of all the holiday festivities I managed to start on one cake and finish another for her birthday.  She celebrated on the 3rd with my family since we were all together.  I had always wanted to make a doll cake and she thought that would be fun
 I let her eat her name...which was Aberella...her princess name
 And she got a Furr-Real pet...a great surprise!!
 Then I thought since the doll cake was so easy why not make a castle cake.  Abby thought that sounded super cool so we looked at some pictures of castle cakes online...whoa...some folks out there have crazy talent!  And of course she wanted a cake just like those...so I did my best!
It started like this...
 And ended like this!
 The back
 Cake + frosting + brown sugar made Ariels beach
 I made everything but the dolls
 One happy 4 year old!
lots of family and friends were there...sorry you don't get more blog space.  All but one thing were princess items and her mom and dad gift...a new bike!!!
I'm 4, I can be sassy.
Abby and her bestest Anicia

OCEAN SHORES VACATION
What can I say, every year is more fun than the last!
first morning of vacation breakfast
 kids went bowling for the first time, here's Abby's I-bowled-a-strike dance
 such a tough guy
 lots of beach playing
 some pool time
 more beach playing
 threw in some kite flying
 caught up on our reading
 and our snuggles
 went mini-golfing for the first...and the second times

more beach playing
girlfriend wanted a "cuddly shark".  sleeps with it every night now!
See, I was there too!
And my pool-hating daughter decided that she could swim (quite well too!) and loved jumping off the side, go figure.

POOL TIME!
We got ourselves a new pool this year.  A 12 ft circle, 2.5 feet deep.  Perfect for the kids and I.  Abby and I especially spent a lot of time in it.  And wouldn't you know it, I have NO PICTURES of the new pool.  So you'll have to settle for a pic of Trey in our old one.  
 And I'm throwing these two in here...too cute not to post!


THE FAIR

 This just made me laugh
 Tough men

 She became the fearless little girl that she has NEVER been before and didn't even bat an eye about going by herself.  She must have gone down the slide about 20 times by the end of the day.
 If she had big enough pockets she might have snuck this little guy home

 Love this boy!
 Watching Jerry cram his oversize frame into teeny-tiny rides was by far my favorite fair entertainment
CAMPING
Jerry took the kids one night on his own to give me a break (sweet!!!) and to have some alone time with the kiddos.  His parents are camp hosts up at Colonial Creek in the summers so he had help.


 The on Labor Day weekend we all went up camping.  I am NOT a camper.  But I always said that if our kids ever wanted to that I would do it for them.  Apparently our kids like it.


 How many Gardners does it take to fix a fishing pole???

No comments: