Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The good, the bad and the....dirty??

Good news: The kids are finally starting to do some actual playing together. They have made up a couple games on their own...usually involving running, rolling on the floor and/or scaring each other. Nice to see some interaction. I think once Trey's language really gets going that they'll start playing a lot more together, can't wait!





Bad news: I'm still Velcro Mom. I had a birthday dinner to go to Sunday night and I came downstairs after getting ready and they were waiting for me with arms up saying "mama, mama". And then I forgot my coat upstairs and when I came back down they came running back over arms up saying "mama" again. Jerry said it looked like feeding time at the fish store. And how true, the kids looked like starving fish waiting for their food. I think Jerry should start gluing candy to himself so that the kids will stay near him! Abby was not happy about me leaving and tried to put me in time-out. When that didn't work she threw herself in front of the door and yelled "Mom! Don't leave me here!! Take me with you!! Don't go!!" in a VERY LOUD, VERY SAD way. Yikes. I left anyway and went and had myself a margarita and came home after they were asleep :)

And for the dirty: Trey is still working on his Perfect Husband-ness and is learning how to do laundry. Every time I open the laundry room door he finds an article of clothing and tries to put it in the wash. Now I just throw a pile of clothes in front of the washer and let him load it. Such a good helper!

"Laundry is AWESOME!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...I'm in love with your washer!!!! Is it new?? Kristen