Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Flu

So Thanksgiving was great. I had all the dishes done by the time Jerry finished putting Abby to bed. I was perusing the Black Friday ads trying to figure out exactly what I needed to get from where. About 10:30 I started not feeling super great, thought I was just tired. By 11:30 I told Jerry I needed to go to sleep or I was going to die. By 1:30 I hadn't slept a wink and had started throwing up...neat. I made my way downstairs to tell Jerry that there was no way I would be going shopping at 4. Poor guy spent the next few hours listening to me throw up every mildly liquid substance my body could find. Ew. I managed to fall asleep by 6 and moved myself upstairs when Abby woke up so that she wouldn't see me. I spent the next 24, yes 24, hours in bed, mostly sleeping. I have never spent that much time in bed by choice. Thank goodness Jerry had the day off so he was able to take care of the kids. The next day I thought I was feeling slightly better so I got up and took a shower but that completely wiped me out. Jerry has season tickets to the Huskies and Saturday was Apple Cup so he for sure was not going to miss it. He called my mom and she graciously agreed to take the kids until bedtime so that I could rest. Yay! I spent a few hours on the couch, took a long nap in bed, spent a few more hours on the couch, put the kids to bed when my mom brought them and then went to bed myself. I feel slightly more human today. It's just amazing how a little throwing up (okay, a lot!) can wipe out your whole system.

Sadly, tree trimming and other Christmas decorating will have to wait until I feel up to it. But on the upside, Jerry did make it out on Friday morning and got most of the Xmas shopping done for the kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks!! Sorry to hear you got so sick...puking is the WORST! But at least Jerry took good care of you and your better now!!! Kristen