Monday, October 26, 2009

Cookies and Pumpkins

Fall is fun. It's cookies and pumpkins, costumes and candy. I love it. I'm a baker at heart and one of my favorite holiday things to do (for any holiday) is make cookies for the kids and I to decorate. It's a cheap, easy and tasty project. I let Abby help with the cookie making, yes it's very messy and takes 8 times as long but she gets so excited about helping.

Abby helping mix the dough, Trey washing dishes (keeps him out of the way!)
Sprinkling flour
You can never have enough flour on your board
or on your face
Working hard. It was so cute, she'd roll out dough for a bit then put the recipe down in front of her and "read" it, while making comments. She's just like her mama!
Pre-frosting
Decorating time. I got smart this year and we used paint brushes to paint the frosting on. So much easier for little hands to do.
I even let Trey decorate his own

Taste-testing


Black frosting...
makes a purple tongue!!
They got to do more cookies when they had friends over!
Pumpkin Patch!
Farmer Trey

Feeding the chicken
Trey chased that poor chicken all over
I don't think the chickens were too excited about being fed one little kernel at a time.
In the balloon pumpkin



a smile??
perfect size
yum-yum. he kept calling them apples





so happy!

I got not one picture of the kids looking at the camera together...except this one! I guess if you're only going to get one it should be the family one :)
Real men don't wear shirts to clean pumpkins


2 jack-o-lanterns and a princess castle (looks more like a haunted house)

No comments: